Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day...a lil late...


We spent Mother's Day morning at the grave of my daughter, aka Princess. On the way over to the cemetery as always to our usual routine we listened to the Kenny Chesney song "Who You'd Be Today". It's our song to my Princess and we both cry everytime we hear it. Somehow it's a form of therapy I'm sure since we release our emotions about missing her so much. It's not been 3 months yet and it's still so raw. I can't believe she is gone, it's still so unreal and so very painful.

As always we took gifts for my Princess. Monkey took her baby sister a Bratz Cat that she had bought with her own money at a garage sale. It kills me inside to think of what confusion is in her head and that she has to deal with grief so early in life with her baby sister. I feel so guilty and horrible that Monkey and Hubby have to go through so much pain with me. Anyways I am sidetracking. Mommy and Daddy took a Disney Princess castle for her.

My emotions are ones to be expected...sadness, anger, happiness, thankfullness for what I have here...and so much more. I made it through the day fairly well I assume....well no I didn't. I cried myself to sleep that night and pretty much all day too. The tears won't stop and I can't make them. My princess should be here with her Mommy...

1 comment:

MomSmoo said...

I can't even begin to image what the loss of a child is like. I look forward to reading more about your journey and congrats on your recent marriage.

(oh and it is Mom Smoo -- Smoo has been a nickname since childhood! LOL)