Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Being A Better Wife...

Sometimes I have this inner struggle inside me that I am not the wife I should be. Now understand I have never cheated, or done anything like that. I just sometimes feel I don't do enough for him. Maybe I don't cook or clean as much as I should. I grew up in a home where my mom rarely cooked, and I just never learned! Plus I am a picky eater and it's hard for me to cook lots of different things since I won't test them to make sure they are ok...hehe...it's funny, but it's sad too in so many ways.

I want to be the wife with all the energy in the world who can do everything. Is that possible in these days? My house is clean, maybe a little disorganized at times, but I would never be embarassed if someone just showed up at the front door. I would allow them in the living room only though! The other rooms just need some storage space :)

I give BDC all the love and support I can. I shower him with hugs and kisses. I am his best friend. I thought love is all you needed, but so many people have made it mandatory that you be more than that to be a good wife. You have to be perfect, which I am not.

I found this article on eHow.com and thought I would share. If this is all it takes them I'm in!

What do you think makes a good wife?

REPOSTED -
How to be a Better Wife
By GreenMomma

Rate: (5 Ratings)

We could all be a better wife if we tried just a little bit harder. Hopefully these tips will get you started on improving your already perfect or not so perfect marriage.

Step 1 - Get off his back. Your husband is a grown man with his own thoughts and desires. Just because you think he should be doing something particular doesn't mean he has to do it right now all the time. Give the man a break and stop nagging him. Remember, you get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar. Ask nicely and maybe you'll be happily surprised.

Step 2 - Forgive and forget. That's right, I said FORGET. That fight you had last week over washing the dishes or whatever is over an done with. Stop rehashing old stuff and reminding him of what a lousy husband or father he is. Just move on already and drop it.

Step 3 - Fight fairly. This means no nasty name calling, no hitting, spitting, breaking dishes or anything else. Just say what you have to say, get it off your chest and be sure that you don't put him down while you are doing it. If you want your husband to be crushed by the woman he loves, then so be it, but you're ruining the man you fell in love with and he may actually start to fall out of love with you and you could lose him all together.

Step 4 - Say I love you. Say it often, leave special notes around. Remind your husband how special he is to you.

Step 5 - Go out of your way to do something nice for him every day. If you find you never have the time, start making some fast. These gestures wont go unnoticed and it may even inspire him to do something nice for you.

Step 6 - Don't withhold affection. This goes for hugs, kisses and sex. Its good for both of you so kiss him often!

Step 7 - Teamwork. You are a team. Everything about you as a couple is a team. If you can pitch in and help raking the yard do it. If you help him with his chores, he'll be more likely to help you with yours - without even being asked!

Step 8 - Respect your husband in front of others and at home. Don't call your mommy or sister every time your husband does something "stupid". Keep it to yourself. There's nothing cool about putting your husband down or talking about him. What goes on between the two of you should stay that way.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Seems like simple and very good advice. I think that is also how a man could be a better husband. Either way, very good advice.

Momma Booer said...

I agree with the other lady. I should make mine read these. It got to the point where we were both a little on the fritz and he was treating me like an old housewife rather than the love of his life! lol We got a babysitter and went out now everything is okay! Maybe that should be a tip, don't forget to have together time, without anyone else.

ummmhello said...

We could all use those reminders, couldn't we? (Husbands included, is there a Wife Version!?)